Sunday, April 1, 2007

(Week 9) Exercise #23

This program introduced me to several new internet technologies. I really learned a lot.

My favorite discovery was Bloglines.com. Coming from knowing *nothing* about RSS Feeds to having a place I can go everyday to learn new things about my ever possible interest is simply a joy. (I can't wait to show my mom)

This program has helped in my lifelong learning goals by providing me an added confidence in finding information through untried methods.

I was really surprised that there are so many things out there. I'd like to take away a knowledge that with a little time, anything can be done on the www. I was also glad to find out about zoho.com and am excited to see how it can work for the library system. I was also surprised at the length of time it took for me to complete each exercise. It was really important for me to learn something through this program and I felt like to explore and learn from each exercise took a great deal more time than was described. For the meatier exercise I took an hour for each and I am no stranger to doing things online or with a computer.

Something I think could be done differently is to make the program slightly more mandatory. Make fewer adjustments to the deadline (as I would have squeaked in at the last moment regardless of when it was). A greater support of programs like these in the future for all staff would be greatly appreciated. Make a big deal out of it, its the best thing since sliced bread--and you might learn something too!

Of course, if there were something similar in the future I will certainly participate.

No comments: