Monday, March 26, 2007

(Week 4) Exercise #9

The easiest tool for me to use to find feeds was Feedster. After slugging through Technorati, Syndic8 and Topix maybe it is just that I got the hang of it by the time I used Feedster. I was even beginning to think that there wasn't anything out there that I was interested in! But I found some interesting blogs from ALA, CLA and one on children's literature.
The search results were not exactly user friendly some of the time and it took some effort to sort through the information that I didn't understand or didn't feel that was useful. Feedster's search brought about results that seemed clearer to me.
Nothing in my adventures seemed out of the ordinary, of course, I didn't really have any expectations.
My computer has the newer version of Internet Explorer and I can see right away if a site has RSS feed capability, because a pretty bright orange icon illuminates.

No comments: