Monday, March 26, 2007

(Week 5) Exercise #11

The websites I chose to look at for this exercise were Travbuddy.com and Librarything.com
Because I enjoy travelling I thought it might be interesting to learn about other peoples travels to the same places I have been or would like to go... Some things about Travbuddy are more interesting than others. There is a map to click on, or a list to choose popular places from and features to read blogs, view pictures, meet up with other travellers and generally see what other people have to say about where they've been.
Librarything looks like a great deal of fun. I didn't spend too much time there, long enough to create an account and choose one book. What a joy to spend time looking at what other people have to say about books, almost like a book club from wherever you are in the world.
As far as usefulness in a library setting, other than teaching customers how to use these tools, I'm not sure I see any. Either could certainly be a part of a program, Travbuddy for something on travel, and Librarything for a book club or for the Friends group.

No comments: